Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tender chicken livers, pineapple chunks wrapped in a slice smoky bacon, basted with sweet Dijon mustard sauce and broiled.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 12 slices smoky bacon
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- Cut livers and bacon slices in half.
- Wrap 1/2 slice bacon around piece of chicken liver and pineapple chunk.
- Secure with wooden pick.
- Arrange on broiler pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar and mustard in small bowl.
- Brush over bacon rolls.
- Broil, 6-inches from heat, 15 to 20 minutes turning and brushing with soy/Dijon mixture occasionally until bacon is crisp and chicken livers are done.
I don't know why this recipe hasn't been rated yet, it's an easy recipe to follow, economical and tastes sooooo good. I love chicken livers, but they're not everyone's choice, so when I made this dish to take to a BBQ, I labelled the plate "Chicken Livers" for the uncouth and squeamish. I made this up as kebabs, with button mushrooms and cherry tomatoes...the brown sugar/mustard/soy made a great marinade/basting liquid. Thankyou for passing this recipe on, L DJ