Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came across this recipe in a cookie cook book for the holidays. They sound so good, I think I will make them this week. Sounds like a great cookie for any occassion.
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 631.69 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- lime zest
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml macadamia nuts, chopped
- 236.59 ml sweetened flaked coconut, toated
- 1 lime, juice of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, salt and lime zest with a mixer until light.
- Add flour, nuts, coconut and lime juice, mix with a spoon just until incorporated.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls using a cookie scoop or tablespoon measure. Arrange on baking sheets lines with parchment paper 2 inches apart and bake until set and golden brown on the bottom, 15 - 18 minutes.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar while hot, transfer to a cooling rack lined with parchment paper, this makes for easy cleanup.
- When cookies are completely cool, roll them in powdered sugar again, then store in single layers in airtight containers.