Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is a refreshing dessert to serve in the summer especially, but is also enjoyed throughout the year.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 0.5 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions; bake in a 10x15 inch pan and remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread drained pineapple on top of cooled cake.
- Prepare pudding as instructed on package and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the prepared pudding.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over the pineapple.
- Sprinkle top with coconut, chopped walnuts and maraschino cherries.
- Store in refrigerator.