Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- From Family Circle. "This low-fat recipe is remarkably moist and delicious. It's named in honor of Hawaii's two famous products - coconut and pineapple."
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, plus more
- walnuts, for garnish
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, eggs, pineapple with juice, coconut and 1 cup of walnuts.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined and all ingredients are moist.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost cooled cake with the cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish edges with chopped walnuts, if desired.
This is a very good cake. I have made this several times and every time I get compliments on how good it is. Its very easy to make and so good.