Recipe by Lynn Pinkham
Hawaiian Waffles With Pineapple & Coconut
Top Review by 2carters
This is my husband's favorite! I make different waffles to keep in the freezer, and he requests this one most of the time. I add chopped cherries and nuts to the batter, and we don't bother with surup-they're good just the way they are!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup canned or fresh coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted, melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped, fresh pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Mix together beaten egg yolk, sour cream, coconut milk, melted butter, and chopped pineapple with some juice.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in gently whipped egg whites, and pour into heated and lightly oiled waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with sliced banana (optional) and pure maple syrup.