Recipe by Nat Da Brat
This is different from the eastern curries because it isn't hot and it uses coconut milk (the unsweetened kind found in the canned milk section, the ethnic section, or the beverage section). It is almost too easy to make and it freezes wonderfully.
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey broth
- 5 cups turkey or 5 cups chicken, cubed, cooked
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 16 ounces coconut milk or 16 ounces coconut cream (not the sweetened kind)
- 1 cup milk
- Puree the onions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, flour and 1/2 cup of the broth until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, combine pureed mixture and all remaining ingredients except turkey or chicken. Cook, stirring often, till thickened.
- Add the meat and heat gently.
- Serve with white rice and small dishes of raisins, peanuts, chutney, coconut, bacon, green onions, etc. This freezes well.