Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A great snack! Adapted from How It All Vegan cookbook.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained
- 1⁄8 cup Braggs amino acids (or soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey (or desired sweetener)
- Cut the drained tofu into long narrow strips about 1/4" thickness. They may look big, but will shrink during baking.
- In a bowl, whisk Braggs, pineapple juice, ginger, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder and honey.
- Place the tofu strips in a shallow baking pan or on a cookie sheet and pour the marinade over them. Let them marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Cook the tofu in a dehydrator, following directions, or bake in the oven at 200*F. for 4-6 hours. Turn the tofu over once every hour so it bakes evenly.
- Continue until the texture is very chewy but not crispy.
- Tofu jerky will keep indefinitely. Store in a container with a tight fitting lid.