4 hrs 15 mins
A great snack! Adapted from How It All Vegan cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the drained tofu into long narrow strips about 1/4" thickness. They may look big, but will shrink during baking.
- 2In a bowl, whisk Braggs, pineapple juice, ginger, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder and honey.
- 3Place the tofu strips in a shallow baking pan or on a cookie sheet and pour the marinade over them. Let them marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- 4Cook the tofu in a dehydrator, following directions, or bake in the oven at 200*F. for 4-6 hours. Turn the tofu over once every hour so it bakes evenly.
- 5Continue until the texture is very chewy but not crispy.
- 6Tofu jerky will keep indefinitely. Store in a container with a tight fitting lid.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Tofu Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.6
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs amino acids