Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from a country club in Denmark in 1994. I was an exchange student and the host family I was with went to this country club for Easter weekend. I recently rediscovered the recipe when going through my family cookbook where I'd written it down. I made it for a small gathering and it was a hit!
- 4 slices thick bread, any type you prefer but has to be sturdy
- 5 slices ham
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices white cheese
- Preheat oven to 250.
- In your toaster, toast the bread slices until crispy. Pull them out and lightly spread butter on the top.
- Place ingredients on the buttered side in this order: slice of ham, slice of pineapple, slice of tomato and slice of cheese.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has properly melted.
- Take out and serve.
- ***I recently made it with white sharp chedder and it was a hit!