Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love teriyaki, and here's a nice sauce in the Hawaiian style!
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce or 1⁄2 cup Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh is best)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 green onions, minced (white and green parts both)
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed and minced fine
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and minced fine, to taste
- 1⁄3 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (1/4 tsp, to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together well.
- Place in glass container, cover, and let sit for at least 1 hour to incorporate the flavors.