Recipe by LARavenscroft
Got this from a friend from my church. This is not a recipe that you would make for dinner unless you have several hours before dinner time. It's well worth the wait and is excellent served over cooked rice.
Top Review by Nicazz
Yum Yum Yum! The chicken was so tender, the pineapple was excellent on top. I'd have given it 5 stars but it was a little too sweet - next time I'll cut some of the sugar. I'm not looking forward to washing the gooey dish!
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs, fat removed (about 8-10 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained