Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Got this from a friend from my church. This is not a recipe that you would make for dinner unless you have several hours before dinner time. It's well worth the wait and is excellent served over cooked rice.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs, fat removed (about 8-10 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Combine all ingredients (except pineapple) and pour over chicken.
- Bake covered for 2 hours.
- Stir several times while baking.
- Add pineapple just before serving.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Yum Yum Yum! The chicken was so tender, the pineapple was excellent on top. I'd have given it 5 stars but it was a little too sweet - next time I'll cut some of the sugar. I'm not looking forward to washing the gooey dish!
Used 4 large chicken breasts for this recipe, & was happy with the results! Did enjoy the use of pineapple here, & it was all served over brown rice! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]
This recipe was made for the Aussie/Kiwi Swap #16. This recipe was easy to make with ingredients on hand. It was so tender, falling off the bone practically. My husband said, "This is a Keeper!" I was burning my mouth; it tasted so great I couldn't wait for it to cool off!! I will definitely make this again for friends and family. Thanks for sharing!