Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was featured on $40 A Day featuring Rachel Ray in Hawaii.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb roast beef, cut into thin slices
- 3⁄4 cup low-sodium shoyu (soya sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil or 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- Mix together all sauce ingredients except the oil or butter.
- Soak beef slices in sauce for at least 1 hour.
- Fry in a saucepan in oil or butter for about 4 minutes per side, or until tender.
- Serve with macaroni salad and rice for an island flare!