Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but these are my favorite cookies at any time of the year. I love anything with cconut! If you are a coconut lover as I am, you're sure to love these cookies! The recipe can be adapted to fit the season, simply by changing the color of the sugar you use to coat the outside of the rolls! Can be halved or doubled, although i have never mad
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add flour and coconut until well blended.
- Shape into (4) 2 inch rolls.
- Roll in colored sugar.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours.
- With a sharp knife, saw into 1/4 inch slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10- 12 minutes, or until SLIGHTLY browned.
Very buttery and delicious. Instead of rolling them into a log, I rolled them into individual little balls about 1 inch in diameter. I then rolled the cookie balls in colored sugar and baked as directed. Big hit!
I was so impressed with this recipe. Not a coconut lover, I made them more for the kids and DH for Christmas nibblers. But I loved them. I can see why they are your favorites. :-) Thanks! Will definately make again. ---I coloured the coconut red and green and rolled the dough in it.
Thank you so much for sharing Jane. These cookies are a must for all coconut lovers. Wow these are easy to make, crisp, flavourful cookies, wrapped in coloured sugar...yumm I used coarse yellow and orange sugar on my cookies...very pretty.