Recipe by Jane Rhodes-Williams
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but these are my favorite cookies at any time of the year. I love anything with cconut! If you are a coconut lover as I am, you're sure to love these cookies! The recipe can be adapted to fit the season, simply by changing the color of the sugar you use to coat the outside of the rolls! Can be halved or doubled, although i have never mad
Top Review by ResedaBabe
Very buttery and delicious. Instead of rolling them into a log, I rolled them into individual little balls about 1 inch in diameter. I then rolled the cookie balls in colored sugar and baked as directed. Big hit!
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add flour and coconut until well blended.
- Shape into (4) 2 inch rolls.
- Roll in colored sugar.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours.
- With a sharp knife, saw into 1/4 inch slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10- 12 minutes, or until SLIGHTLY browned.