Recipe by Diana109
This is a real quick and easy recipe that is the best to take to a party or shower or just to enjoy at home. This recipe can be doubled or tripled and freezes well for future use. You can use this with frozen precooked meat balls or make your own.
Top Review by Carol R.
I was hosting a tropical ladies' luncheon and needed a main dish recipe. This was delicious! To clarify the recipe, though, I used another brand of chili sauce which was 12 oz. The 5 oz. of grape jelly is equal to a heaping 1/2 cup and 6 oz. of crushed pineapple is equal to 3/4 cup. I found that the sauce was way too much for only 1 lb. of meatballs. I found that 2 lbs. (or approx. 64 meatballs) was a lot better. That amount more realistically feeds 10 people. Great flavor!!
- 1 (13 ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb meatballs (home made or pre cooked or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in a large saucepan and heat slowly. Place balls into sauce and cook. You can simmer on top of stove or in a 300 degree oven or in a crock pot until meat is done.
- For a little extra touch, serve on a platter by placing a meatball in the center hole of pineapple rings. Pour sauce over top or serve on side.