Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cubed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange pineapple cubes, red bell pepper cubes, and red onion wedges on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with toasted sesame oil and vegetable oil, sprinkle with brown sugar, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss to coat.
- Roast pineapple mixture on center oven rack 30 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sweetened coconut flakes, if using, then drizzle with lime juice.
- Remove to serving bowl and toss well to combine. Serve hot or at room temperature. Can also serve on rice to make a main dish out of the recipe.