1/5 Photos of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (Bread Machine)
3 hrs 20 mins
Pale Rose's Note:
Every time I make these rolls, I get raving compliments! This is an excellent potluck dish! It is very important to use McCormick brand coconut extract for the right flavor! For the fluffiest rolls, make sure all the ingredients and the kitchen are warm. This was intended to be a copycat of King's Hawaiian Rolls, but according to my husband, these taste way better when done right!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring all cold ingredients to room temperature (pineapple juice, egg, milk, butter). This will take about 30 minutes, but you can speed it up a little bit with the microwave if you're not feeling patient.
- 2Add the pineapple juice to your bread machine.
- 3Beat the egg and add to your bread machine.
- 4Add the milk to your bread machine.
- 5Divide the butter into small pieces (no larger than 1 tablespoon) and add to the bread machine.
- 6Add McCormick coconut extract, ground ginger, salt, sugar, potato flakes, and flour to the bread machine, in that order.
- 7Make a small well in the flour, and pour the yeast in the well.
- 8Run your bread machine on the dough cycle to knead the dough.
- 9After the kneading cycle, let the dough rise until doubled in size - about 1 hour. (I let mine rise in the bread machine).
- 10Grease a 13"x9" pan.
- 11Divide the dough into 12-15 rolls and place next to each other in the pan (this will get them soft sides).
- 12IMPORTANT! Sometimes the dough will be a little sticky to handle while you're doing this (and that's okay!). Do NOT even think about adding more flour! I mean it! I can't stress that enough! It will toughen your rolls. You can try greasing your hands with cooking spray if you want them to be easier to handle. If that still doesn't work, then just enjoy the stickiness knowing that your rolls will be nice and fluffy!
- 13Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in size - about 1 hour - in a warm place. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 14Bake rolls in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden on top.
- 15Immediately upon removing the rolls from the oven, brush the tops with butter.
- 16Let cool in the pan until the rolls are cool enough to handle. Then remove from pan.
- 17TIP: If you will not be eating the rolls right away, transfer the rolls to a large enough bowl to hold them. Place a lid on top and vent it, taking care that no rolls touch the lid. Closing the airflow off while they are warm will make the rolls soggy. Leaving them out in open air will make the rolls crusty. Keeping them in a vented bowl until they are completely cool is very important for obtaining soft rolls! Once the rolls are completely cool, seal the bowl.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 240.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g