Recipe by Julesong
Here is an easy way to tasty Hawaiian Sweet Bread! Bring this to potlucks and folks will ask you for this recipe, without a doubt. :)
Top Review by newtocookingm&m
Its very sweet but butter helps balance it out when your eating it. I made two loafs and 6 or so rolls if I make again I will just pour all the batter into the two loaf pans to make the loafs bigger. It was a little dry. I had fun making it. Not sure if we will make again undecided. Thanks for a simple recipe!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 5 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple juice, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water (110 degrees F)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large ceramic bowl, combine the cake mix, flour, and yeast.
- Add the room temperature pineapple juice and hot water, mix well, and let rise in the bowl.
- Knead the risen dough slightly.
- Divide the dough into 3 balls (can also be made into hot rolls or cinnamon rolls), and let rise in lightly buttered or oiled loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 or 40 minutes for bread loaves (until top is to desired color) or 20 minutes for hot rolls.
- Makes 3 loaves.