Recipe by Khandi Howard
Tastes as good as the kind that you buy. One of my kiddos favorites. Very easy - just throw it all in the bread machine and turn it on.
Top Review by Jessy0419
This turned out great, could be a tad sweeter though. I left out the potato flakes (didn't have any) and substituted almond extract for lemon (didn't have lemon either). I would definitely make this again.
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure ingredients into the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- I use the order listed in the recipe.
- Set the machine for medium crust, and press start.
- Makes 1 2 1/2 pound loaf.
- *Ilike to use the bread machine just to do the dough.
- Then I take the dough out and form a round loaf, let rise, then bake in the oven at 400 degrees.