Tastes as good as the kind that you buy. One of my kiddos favorites. Very easy - just throw it all in the bread machine and turn it on.
- Measure ingredients into the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- I use the order listed in the recipe.
- Set the machine for medium crust, and press start.
- Makes 1 2 1/2 pound loaf.
- *Ilike to use the bread machine just to do the dough.
- Then I take the dough out and form a round loaf, let rise, then bake in the oven at 400 degrees.
This turned out great, could be a tad sweeter though. I left out the potato flakes (didn't have any) and substituted almond extract for lemon (didn't have lemon either). I would definitely make this again.
I can't even believe how close to the original this bread is. My entire family LOVES it. I've made it in the bread machine twice . . . the second time I had better luck by 3/4 the recipe (my machine holds 2 pound loafs and this is over 2 pounds as written). Also, I use orange juice instead of lemon extract and liquid milk - and reduce the water accordingly. I baked on light white setting, it will likely burn on sweet bread. I didn't make any change to the amount of flour used, it was just fine. Thank you SO much for the fantastic recipe!!
Even my picky eaters loved this bread! I took the advice of others who posted and made the dough in the bread machine but shaped into balls and baked in the oven. Yum!