Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
We make this recipe and give it away as part of our Christmas baking. We always get asked for the recipe. The kids love to eat it for breakfast with peach jelly, too!
- 7 -7 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup vegan sugar or 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup unsweetend soymilk (Westsoy)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup organic butter, softened
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 vegan egg substitute or 3 egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 c.
- flour, potato flakes, sugar, yeast, salt and ginger.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, water, butter and pineapple juice to 120-130 degrees.
- Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down.
- Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half.
- Shape each into a loaf size and place in greased loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.