Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my Grandma's recipes that I took and changed a little but it is amazing.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow sweet onion
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 -6 slices muenster cheese
- 4 -6 pieces about the size of hamburger buns Hawaiian sweet bread
- In deep skillet brown the ground beef.
- While the meat cooks mix ketchup, mustard, vinager, sugar, and clove in a bowl.
- Once browned add onion, pepper, and pineapple to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add ketchup mixture to beef. Mix well, cover and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Put on sweet bread and top with cheese.
After I browned my meat and added the onions, peppers and pineapple I added acv directly to meat....prob half a cup, then added sauce mix. I hope the clove calms down after simmering. My mouth is numb from tasting the sauce.
I made half recipe and let simmer only 10 minutes. The taste is really good. I thought it would be too sweet but it was perfect. The cheese in it was yummy. It was my first time trying muenster in a recipe. I made big slices of it. Thanks Z. Theirn :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This was REALLY good! I always seem to have leftover crushed pineapple, so I had to try this. I was a little nervous about the ground cloves and only used 1/8t. and that was a mistake, I should have used the full amount, so please do not make the same mistake I did. On toasted hawaiian rolls these were heavenly. I will make these every time I have leftover crushed pineapple, infact I'll PLAN to have leftover pineapple again soon!