Recipe by Z. Theirn
This is one of my Grandma's recipes that I took and changed a little but it is amazing.
Top Review by Tara L.
After I browned my meat and added the onions, peppers and pineapple I added acv directly to meat....prob half a cup, then added sauce mix. I hope the clove calms down after simmering. My mouth is numb from tasting the sauce.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow sweet onion
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 -6 slices muenster cheese
- 4 -6 pieces about the size of hamburger buns Hawaiian sweet bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In deep skillet brown the ground beef.
- While the meat cooks mix ketchup, mustard, vinager, sugar, and clove in a bowl.
- Once browned add onion, pepper, and pineapple to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add ketchup mixture to beef. Mix well, cover and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Put on sweet bread and top with cheese.