Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These savory ribs are delicious and so tender. They can be made ahead and marinated, then put on the grill to brown when you're ready for dinner. Great time saver for when company is coming. They can also be baked in the oven.
- 4 lbs meaty pork spareribs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Cut ribs into serving pieces.
- Parboil the ribs in water to cover for at least 30 minutes. (This helps to get rid of some of the fat and also helps to make the ribs tender.) Drain and let cool somewhat.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together. Put ribs in a marinade pan or large zip-loc freezer bag and pour marinade over ribs. Refrigerate. Turn ribs occasionally and continue to marinate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill until heated through and nicely browned or bake in 350 degree oven until browned and tender. Brush with marinade while cooking if desired.
- Serve on platter with pineapple slices and mandarin orange segments.
I made this tonight w/Bev's Mac 'n Cheese. For the teriyaki sauce, I mixed brn sugar and soy and then added in the rest of the ingredients. I marinated the ribs in the fridge for 3 hrs and then baked about 4 hrs at 325.. They fell apart and were AWESOME!!!!