Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious nuggets of sweet, sesame garlicky goodness.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons mochiko rice flour
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons aloha shoyu
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (for batter)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil (for frying)
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- In a large bowl mix together mochiko, corn starch, sugar, eggs, shoyu, salt, sesame oil, garlic and ¼ cup of green onions.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces for quick and even cooking.
- Fold chicken into batter and let marinate in the refrigerator for 24 to a maximum of 48 hours.
- Stir mochiko chicken batter every once in a while so that the flavor is evenly distributed.
- For large batches (for parties) I marinate it for at least 24hrs in a large bowl or pot, then I double Ziploc bag it, in batches and store them in a cooler on ice until I'm ready to cook it.
- When ready, Deepfry chicken for about 5 - 7 minutes or until dark golden brown and place in a pan lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- If using chicken breasts, cook for 3 to 4 minutes and serve hot, the chicken will be nice and tender.