Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A condiment dipping sauce for Katsu Chicken, Hawaiian style deep fried chicken that is breaded with Panko bread crumbs or Tonkatsu, Japanese deep fried pork cutlet. The term "Tonkatsu" comes from the word "katsu" meaning cutlet and "tonkatsu" meaning breaded and fried cutlet. The savory, delicious sauce has a thick consistency, and this dish is great when accompanied by rice and/or shredded cabbage.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons ground dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons japanese Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 cup diced pineapple (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together the ketchup, mustard powder, garlic powder, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and pineapple (optional). Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend the flavors before serving.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.