Recipe by jccampbell
I've been making deer and moose jerky with this recipe for years. My boys and there friends love it. It doesn't last long at home. Plus I take some to work and the guys really love it. by Jim, good luck!
- 5 lbs deer, moose or 5 lbs beef, no fat
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix last 8 ingredients together.
- Put meat into large ziplock bag or roaster.
- Add brine mix together cover and refrigerate over night.
- Next day drain brine
- Rinse meat in strainer with cool water.
- Pat dry with paper towel then put in dehydrator.
- Set temperature to 145 F for 1 hours.
- Then turn down to 125 F for 6-7 hours.
- Check jerky after 5 hours.