Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This French Toast is French Toast taken to a new level! I got this recipe from a friend of mine. It is simple to make but tastes amazing at the same time.
- 1 loaf king's Hawaiian bread
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- fresh strawberries
- whipped cream
- Cut wedges from the loaf of Hawaiian Sweet Bread about 3-4 inches thick. Carefully cut a hole in the back of the wedge.
- In a bowl, mix together honey with the Ricotta Cheese. Measure a tablespoon of the Ricotta Cheese mixture and carefully stuff into the back of the wedge of bread.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Then dip the bread on all sides in the eggs. Fry the bread in a skillet on Medium to High heat.
- Cook on all sides. When finished, top with fresh strawberries and whipped cream and enjoy!
Unfortunately this did not go over well at my house. The honey thinned out the ricotta cheese until it was runny, and combined with the Hawaiian bread, made everything cloyingly sweet. Although I finished mine, because it wasn't TERRIBLE, my boyfriend abandoned his plate after one bite. I really thought he'd like this one because he loves all the components. Made for PAC 2012.
Delicious! Added a little milk to the egg coating (personal preference) and cut in 1-1/2" thick slices rather than wedges for easier stuffing. Very nice "special occasion" breakfast.
Love this recipe. It is so easy, simply delicious. The first time I made it, I did it exactly as stated. Delicious. I have since added pumpkin pie spice or just cinnamon to tthe eggs and now include a teaspoon of almond extract to the ricotta/honey mixture. It is simple, beautiful, and yummy! Try it, it just takes a few minutes!!