Recipe by looneytunesfan
One of my favorite chicken recipes. I usually split the recipe into 2 seperate batches as the picky kids do not like green peppers.
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken stuffing mix (dry)
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/4 in. thick
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Mix hot water and butter in bowl. Stir in dry stuffing mix, pepper, half the pineapple and syrup.
- Spoon stuffing evenly on chicken; roll tightly, secure with toothpicks. Place in 9 inch square pan with any remaining stuffing in center.
- Mix remaining pineapple and syrup, sugar, vinegar and ginger, spoon over chicken. Bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.