Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that a buddy found for Hawaiian steak we used to get from Houston's
Make and share this Hawaiian Steak Marinade (Chicken Too) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 ounces pineapple juice (I always add more)
- 1 cup soy sauce (I sometimes add a little less of this one and more pine)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- I combine it all on the stove then bring to a boil -- Allow marinade to cool. Once marinade cools off pour into a container or bag and place the steaks in it and let it sit for 72hrs.
Great marinade. I used it with chicken breasts. Thanks samidc :) Made for cookbook tag game
I have not tried the recipe, but have been to Houston's and this is one of the best, if not the best steak that I have eve tasted. I had seen a blog: "RECREATING HOUSTON'S HAWAIIAN RIBEYE" That is pretty much the same ingredients, the only thing is it does not emphasize to use LIGHT or LOW SODIUM SOY SAUCE as as regular might be too salty, they also use 2 MINCED GARLIC CLOVES instead of powder, use 2 tsp minced ginger or 1 tsp ginger powder. and some of the reviewers of the blog suggested that Houston's uses REAL PINEAPPLE ALONG WITH THE CONCENTRATE, as well as CHINESE 5 SPICE AFTER THE MARINATE COOLS.
Delicious!!! Now, I can save a little money whenever I get that "Hawaiiain Ribeye" urge to go over to Houstons. This is a much cheaper alternative, and it TASTES THE EXACT SAME!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this recipe!
In my opinion, its best with ribeye steaks cooked on the grill.