Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 ounces butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup milk, warm
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease/flour a 9" pan.
- Sour the milk by adding vinegar to it.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar; add well beaten egg and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients alternatively to the batter with the soured milk.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in oven approximately 35 minutes or until the cake tests done.
This was a lovely tasting cake...not too sweet, not too spicy. Easy to make and perfect for us.
This didn't work out well at all. It was more of an exercise in futility. No idea what size pan or what temp to use made it impossible to figure out if this tasted like it was supposed to or if it was the correct density. The flavor of the batter was good and edges of the cake were good, but in a 13x9 pan, it was too thin. If you would post the pan size and temp for oven, I will try it again! :(