Recipe by PASharpshooterinAZ
My mother used to make this for the family when I was little. And only once in blue moon thing, so it was a real treat when we got it. It came out of a recipe book that mom would get sections for when she bought gas at gas station. Everytime you filled the car up you got a new section. The book is huge and has everything you want to know about cooking, etiquette, and proper table settings. The book is almost wore out, but this will always be my favorite recipe out of it!
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- 3 lbs pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces and as much fat removed as possible
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and pineapple. Stir in brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and ginger. (I personally don't use the ginger).
- Cook stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange a layer of spareribs in a roasting pan. Pour half the sauce over the top. Arrange another layer of spareribs, and top with remaining sauce. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven until done, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- *Ribs may be boiled prior to baking.