Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, classic cut into 8 slices
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Brown SPAM slices in skillet.
- Place 2 SPAM slices on each bottom half of hamburger bun.
- Top with pineapple ring and cheese slice.
- Cover sandwich with top half of bun.
This was a sandwich that we use to serve at a bar/restaurant in the early 70's, except we used Swiss cheese. It was a hit!!! (The boss' wife use to spend alot of time in Hawaii and decided we should put it on the menu. I love it!
DH liked this sandwich - but then again, he's a spam lover - I'm not. It was a little dry as described, so we added some mayo and mustard. Thanks Charlotte.