Recipe by Maineiac
One of my favorite comfort foods. You can omit the pineapple, if you'd like.
Top Review by CA.TN
I omitted the mushrooms, used crushed pineapple and instead of 4 cans of gravy, I used a large jar of beef and mushroom gravy along with a can of Campbells beef consomme. Also added a splash of Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, and some water chestnuts. My DH loved it and couldn't believe he liked it so much after I began rattling off all the ingredients. We've made this several times and it's become an easy quick dinner during the workweek.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat,onions,green pepper and mushrooms.When done add the sugar.Drain meat before adding sugar if necessary.
- Add pineapple.
- Cook pasta about 5 minutes or so.Not all the way through.Drain.Do not rinse.
- In a separate bowl,combine gravy and soy sauce.
- Mix all together.Put in covered casserole (Pam it,if you like)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.