Recipe by Mommy Diva
A fun twist on an old standby....straight from Bush's website. YUM!
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
I adapted this recipe quite a bit. As is, I would have rated it as a 2 - it just needed more flavor/seasoning for us - , after my changes would rate it a 4, so am choosing the middle ground with a 3. I expected going in that I would be changing it a little and chose it because I knew the fresh pineapple, beef and beans would taste good and it seemed easily adaptable, but I did give it a chance as written before changing. Here are the changes I made: I used leftover steak, so put the slices in a pan to warm them up and added about 3/4 - 1 cup of frozen onion, green & red pepper blend, then added somewhere between 1 and 2 Tbsp. of Pampered Chef Jamaican Jerk seasoning (I had no Hawaiian seasonings to add). I increased the fresh pineapple to 1 1/2 cups, added it to the meat mixture and tossed to blend. I also used 1/4 cup green onions and 1/4 cup cilantro. The chili beans were ok, but based on the changes made, next time I will use black beans. I'm glad I tagged this recipe (for Bev Tag) and will definitely make again with the changes. Thanks for the recipe - it is very adaptable and versatile - I guess my version would be Jamaican Soft Tacos, but there are quite a few different flavor combinations that would work...the wheels in my mind are already turning for next time...:)
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, slightly drained (BUSH'S BEST in mild, medium or hot)
- 8 medium flour tortillas, soft
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onions or 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill steak to desired doneness and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; Keep warm.
- Heat chili beans in medium saucepan until hot.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of BUSH'S BEST Chili Beans in middle of tortilla.
- Top with some of the sliced meat, pineapple and green onions.
- Enjoy! ;).