Recipe by weekend cooker
a recipe I made today for a luau I was hosting . This recipe calls for 6 chicken breast, but I cut the up, and served them as appitizers. It was a hit.This recipe is for whole chicken breast.
Top Review by Pale Rose
The sauce was good, but the chicken didn't absorb a lot of the flavor of the sauce. I cooked it on high for about 3 hours. We served it with rice as suggested. The next day, we put the leftovers on buns with barbecue sauce and pineapple slices. I want to try this recipe again cooking it on low, that might help with the flavor of the chicken! Thanks weekend cooker!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple slices, reserve juice
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in oblong slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray and sprinkle with a dash of salt if desired.
- Place pineapple slices over chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar,lemon juice, ginger, cornstarch, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and black pepper, until cornstarch mixes with liquids.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Hot buttered rice is a compliment to this dish.