Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
a recipe I made today for a luau I was hosting . This recipe calls for 6 chicken breast, but I cut the up, and served them as appitizers. It was a hit.This recipe is for whole chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in oblong slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray and sprinkle with a dash of salt if desired.
- Place pineapple slices over chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar,lemon juice, ginger, cornstarch, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and black pepper, until cornstarch mixes with liquids.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Hot buttered rice is a compliment to this dish.
The sauce was good, but the chicken didn't absorb a lot of the flavor of the sauce. I cooked it on high for about 3 hours. We served it with rice as suggested. The next day, we put the leftovers on buns with barbecue sauce and pineapple slices. I want to try this recipe again cooking it on low, that might help with the flavor of the chicken! Thanks weekend cooker!
I was surprised how good this was. I used crushed pineapple & left out the cornstarch. After the chicken was done & put the instant rice in the sauce to soak it up. Yum! Made for PRMR Tag.
I made a couple of small changes: using diced fresh ginger instead of the powdered, 1 half small chopped onion and added 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. It still seemed to be lacking something, Used low sodium soy sauce so maybe that was part of it. I cooked on low 6 hours and ended up shredding the chicken and mixing it all together. It was OK but not sure I would make again.