Studded with macadamia nuts, dried mango and shredded coconut, these delicious tropical treats are ideal for giving as gifts or enjoying at the end of a luau feast. From Williams-Sonoma Holiday Baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (4 oz/125 g)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (4 oz/125 g)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp (4 oz/125 g)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar (3 oz/90 g)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (essence)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (7 oz/220 g)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried mango (1 1/2 oz/45 g)
- 1Position a rack in the middle of an oven and preheat to 325-degrees (165C).
- 2On a baking sheet, mix together the coconut and macadamia nuts.
- 3Bake, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool- leave oven set at 325-degrees (165C).
- 5In a bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat the butter until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- 6Add the sugar and beat, stopping once or twice to scrape the sugar to the center of the bowl with a rubber spatula, until light, about 1 minute.
- 7Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla and salt.
- 8On low speed, beat in the flour and then the coconut mixture and the mango to form a soft dough.
- 9Divide the dough in half and press each half into a round cake pan 9 inches (23 cm) in diameter.
- 10Using fork tines, mark each round into 8 wedges.
- 11Bake until the shortbread is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 12Transfer the pans to a rack and, using the marks as guides, cut into wedges.
- 13Let cool completely.
- 14Store in an airtight container at room temp up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Scottish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Shortbread Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 53.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: