Recipe by Lorac
A sensational combination of flavors! Just read the recipe and imagine popping one in your mouth. Are you drooling yet?
Top Review by Lisa Blankenship
These were absolutely wonderful. We melted provolone and mozzarella cheese on top of the mushrooms instead of grated coconut. We took them to two different parties and everyone RAVED! Will definately make again.
- 16 large fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed,about 1 pound
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 1 pinch dried tarragon
- 1 cup crumbled Ritz cracker
- 3⁄4 cup cooked crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- coconut flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, cook the cream and spinach together until cream is reduced by half.
- Stir in the shallots and cook 1 minute, remove from heat and stir in the coconut milk, dill, tarragon, cracker crumbs, crab, shrimp, salt and pepper.
- Stuff mushroom caps with seafood mixture and place in a shallow bakinging pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coconut.