Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 3 sausages
- 0.5 (7 7/8 ounce) can pineapple
- 1 onion
- knob butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Prick the sausages. Fry or grill them until cooked and brown. Add 1 or 2 pineapple rings and heat through with the sausages for a minute or two. Save 2 sausages, and keep hot with the pineapple rings (for decoration). Slice the rest of the sausages.
- Peel and slice the onion, or wash and chop the spring onions. Chop another 1 or 2 pineapple rings.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over a moderate heat, and fry the onion and pineapple pieces until soft (2-3 minutes). Add the beans, sliced sausages, vinegar, salt and pepper, and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour into a warm serving dish. Decorate with the whole sausages and pineapple rings you are keeping hot. Serve with crispy bread rolls or hot toast.