Member #610488's Note:
Had this at a small restaurant on Kauai and had to have the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ground pork sausage
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 1 head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1419.54 ml cooked white rice, cold
- 59.14 ml soy sauce (to taste)
- 411.06 g can bean sprouts, drained
- 170.09 g package frozen green peas, thawed
- ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until evenly browned. Drain, and remove sausage from the pan. In the same pan, using the remaining coating of grease from the sausage, scramble the eggs, stirring frequently until cooked through. Set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a very large skillet or electric skillet over medium-high heat. Stir fry the cabbage and carrots just until the cabbage has wilted. Add the cold rice, and fry, stirring so that there are no clumps.
- 3Mix in the sausage and pour in some soy sauce. Stir in bean sprouts, peas, and eggs, mixing well so there are no big chunks of egg. Season with pepper, and stir in green onions just before removing from the heat.
- 4Adjust soy sauce to taste, and serve.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Sausage Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.1 mg
- Sodium 980.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 21.4 g