Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes, and it's really easy too. It has a sweet taste, but it makes for a perfect dinner. We serve it over steamed rice. Yum!!
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks in juice
- 453.59 g can sweet potatoes, drained and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 340.19 g smoked sausage, sliced
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79 ml butter
- 473.18 ml rice, cooked
- Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- Add enough water to juice to measure 1 and 1/4 cups. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, sweet potatoes, and sausage in 8x8x2 inch casserole dish.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in saucepan. Gradually add pineapple juice/water, and stir until blended.
- Cook, stirring constantly, on med/low heat until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter until melted.
- Pour over sausage mixture in casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 35-40 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve over rice.
Super easy, quick, and tasty! Used polksa keilbasa since that's what I had on hand.
This is very different but we loved it. The sauce is excellent especially when mixed in with the rice. I used a pound of turkey smoked sausage since that is how much came in the package and it didn't seem like too much. Thanks Bama Chef for a neat recipe!
This is delicious. I make this same recipe, only I put marshmallows on top, as with candied yams.