Bama Chef's Note:
This is one of my favorite recipes, and it's really easy too. It has a sweet taste, but it makes for a perfect dinner. We serve it over steamed rice. Yum!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- 2Add enough water to juice to measure 1 and 1/4 cups. Set aside.
- 3Place pineapple, sweet potatoes, and sausage in 8x8x2 inch casserole dish.
- 4Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in saucepan. Gradually add pineapple juice/water, and stir until blended.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, on med/low heat until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- 6Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat and add butter until melted.
- 8Pour over sausage mixture in casserole dish.
- 9Cover and bake 35-40 minutes at 350°F.
- 10Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.1
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 1514.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 27.8 g