Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is truly a wonderful accompaniment to ham that was served at a very nice local restaurant. It is served warm at the table--delicious. By changing the pineapple to chunks, it can be make for chicken.
- If doing this for chicken use pineapple chunks.
- Strain the pineapple.
- Place the juice of the can of pineapple and the two 6 ounce cans of pineapple juice in a saucepan.
- Add the two sugars and heat.
- Mix the cornstarch and water and stir into the pineapple mixture--stir till thick.
- Add the crushed pineapple and the cut up cherries along with the cherry juice.
- Put in gravy boat at serve warm at the table to be ladled over the ham on the plate.
I followed your recipe right on down & served this twice, the first time as a dip for a ham-&-tortilla wrap, & that was delicious! Next it was as a sauce over baked chicken breasts ~ Outstanding! Now we're looking forward to having it as a dip for some homemade chicken tenders! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]