1/3 Photos of Hawaiian Sauce--For Ham or Chicken
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This is truly a wonderful accompaniment to ham that was served at a very nice local restaurant. It is served warm at the table--delicious. By changing the pineapple to chunks, it can be make for chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If doing this for chicken use pineapple chunks.
- 2Strain the pineapple.
- 3Place the juice of the can of pineapple and the two 6 ounce cans of pineapple juice in a saucepan.
- 4Add the two sugars and heat.
- 5Mix the cornstarch and water and stir into the pineapple mixture--stir till thick.
- 6Add the crushed pineapple and the cut up cherries along with the cherry juice.
- 7Put in gravy boat at serve warm at the table to be ladled over the ham on the plate.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Sauce--For Ham or Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (1158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 67.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: