Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe I found on Taste of Home site that I modified to add another veggie and some seasoning. This salad is more on the sweet side versus being a tangy vinegar type of dressing.
Top Review by Annacia
I really loved this! I used crushed pineapple because I had a can already open, Swiss cheese because I have *a lot* at this time and I added a sliced green onion to my single lunch serving. As it turned out I'm very happy with the crushed pineapple because it mixed well with the other ingredients and I got pineapple with cheese and carrot, lettuce and etc instead of getting just a mouth full of pineapple. Yummy! Made for ZWT7. Witchin Kitchen.
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple tidbits in juice
- 6 -8 cups salad greens, torn
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (shredded or grated)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a large bowl, combine the greens, carrots, pineapple and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and reserved pineapple juice, taste and then add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad; toss to coat.