Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I found on Taste of Home site that I modified to add another veggie and some seasoning. This salad is more on the sweet side versus being a tangy vinegar type of dressing.
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple tidbits in juice
- 6 -8 cups salad greens, torn
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (shredded or grated)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a large bowl, combine the greens, carrots, pineapple and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and reserved pineapple juice, taste and then add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
I really loved this! I used crushed pineapple because I had a can already open, Swiss cheese because I have *a lot* at this time and I added a sliced green onion to my single lunch serving. As it turned out I'm very happy with the crushed pineapple because it mixed well with the other ingredients and I got pineapple with cheese and carrot, lettuce and etc instead of getting just a mouth full of pineapple. Yummy! Made for ZWT7. Witchin Kitchen.
A wonderful side for a tropical barbeque, it get mixed reviews with myself loving the pineapple and cheddar together and DH not so much. Made as written, thanks for the post.
This was very good but missing a bit of acid, so I added a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.