Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional Hawaiian noodle soup from Ono Recipes. Posted by request
Make and share this Hawaiian Saimin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g fresh saimin noodles or 453.59 g somen noodles or 453.59 g other fine white-flour noodles
- 946.36 ml dashi
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 113.39 g kamaboko, thinly sliced (Japanese fish cake)
- 226.79 g char siu pork, thinly sliced (Chinese roasted pork)
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 beaten eggs (optional)
- shoyu (soy sauce)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, add noodles and cook until tender but firm, about 3 minutes.
- Drain noodles and divide evenly between 4 large, deep soup bowls.
- While noodles cook, heat dashi over medium heat until simmering but not boiling, (stir in beaten eggs- optional).
- Evenly divide spinach between the bowls of noodles, then ladle about 1 cup dashi into each bowl.
- Garnish soup with slices of fish cake and pork.
- Scatter scallions on top and season with pepper.
- Serve with soy sauce.