Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simplified version of the traditional Hawaiian noodle soup. Posted by request from Ono Recipes.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages pork-flavored ramen noodles (Top Ramen or Maruchan)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced Chinese sausage or 1⁄2 cup diced Spam
- 1⁄2 cup sliced kamaboko, steamed fish cake
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 5 cups water
- shoyu (soy sauce)
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil.
- Add all ingredients.
- Cook until noodles are done.
- Add shoyu to taste.
Very close to what I do. I use spam and fry it in a pan first. Then season w. a little soy sauce. I also don't care for hard boiled egg but I make a Japanese rolled omelet and slice it into strips. Fish cakes are hard to come by here but I'll try it if I find it. A little fresh ginger goes a long way in this and frequently I'll add some left over veg (even if it has a sauce...like stir fry etc) or a handfull of cabbage, spinach, seaweed, etc. Good stuff...I like the pork ramen best for this but they all work.