Recipe by Abba Gimel
This was an experiment that went right... with a very pleasantly surprising taste taste. Being Jewish I don't eat pork, but I wanted to try to simulate a Hawaiian dish for an evening meal. Make sure you have the time for this one!!!
Top Review by crys780
Just added the pictures I took for this delicious recipe. Recommended, and don't be afraid to customize it! I chage a few herbs and use orange mango juice instead. <br/>The hubby is asking for it again! :)
- 4 lbs beef roast
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- combine and press the garlic, rosemary, salt pepper and mustard into the roast.
- Line roasting pan w/ sliced onion.
- Place seasoned roast fat side up.
- mix pineapple, orange juice, wine, tomato paste and sugar and pour over roast.
- (optional) place in fridge for an hour to marinate.
- Bake at 325f - 165c covered for 90 minute.
- Uncover and roast for additional 30 minutes at 350f - 180c.