Recipe by Kana K.
Funny how adding pineapple to any dish makes it "Hawaiian" but hey, that's the name it had when I got it. A really nice twist on fried rice.
Top Review by Good Tastin' Stuff
This is so yummy! It's simple and you can add your own twists to it. I added some garlic butter I had in the fridge, as well as some leftover steamed greeen peas. Also, I cooked the rice in chicken broth - added flavor. Very simple, yet delicious! Everyone at the bbq I brought this to, loved it.
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cooked rice, cold
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, and add the chicken, rice, onions, carrots, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Stir-fry until hot (about 2 minutes).
- Add the egg and continue stirring while cooking adding pepper to taste.
- Add pineapple to warm rice and serve.
- Note: Always use cold cooked rice for stir fry, it's the secret.