Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Hawaiian version of the popular Mexican sandwich from Canadian Living
Make and share this Hawaiian Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lay tortillas on clean counter; with spoon, spread half of each one with half of the sauce.
- Sprinkle ham, pineapple and mozzarella on sauce then fold uncovered half over filling.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and holding both ends, carefully place quesadillas, straight sides together, in skillet.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until tortillas are speckled brown on bottom.
- Using both lifters, one under and one on top, turn quesadillas.
- Cook for 2 minutes longer or until speckled brown underneath and cheese is melted.
Well, the only thing I did different was double the recipe for the 4 of us. It really made for a nice quick refreshing dinner. The ham and pineapple definately complimented each other.. Thanks Dreamer for another winner. Made for Newest Zaar Tag..
These were a little bit of a disappointment. They tasted a little bland. Perhaps adding more spices to the sauce or perhaps some chopped pepperoni would give a bit more flavor. I will make them again because I think this is a great idea but will add more spice one way or another to the filling. Made for PAC Spring 2013.