1/2 Photos of Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwiches
8 hrs 20 mins
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, Show: Sandra's Money Saving Meals, Episode: Hawaiian Vacation
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 35.43 g packet teriyaki marinade (McCormick Grill Mates)
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 1587.57 g pork shoulder
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 236.59 ml chili sauce
- 170.09 g can pineapple juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1In small bowl, combine teriyaki mix, paprika and pepper.
- 2Coat the pork the with rub mixture, patting until all rub is used. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce and pineapple juice. Set aside.
- 4Put the chopped onions and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- 5Place the pork on top of the carrots and onions and pour half of the pineapple juice mixture over pork.
- 6Reserve remainder for Hawaiian sauce.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. The meat should fall apart easily.
- 8Remove the roast from the slow cooker to a cutting board. Using 2 forks carefully pull the meat into shreds.
- 9Serve the pork on rolls drizzled with the Hawaiian sauce or on the side for dipping.
- 10Hawaiian Sauce:.
- 11In a medium pot heat the oil over medium heat.
- 12Add garlic and ginger and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- 13Add the remaining pineapple juice mixture, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 14Remove from heat and set aside.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (2995 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.3
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 1528.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 41.1 g