Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, Show: Sandra's Money Saving Meals, Episode: Hawaiian Vacation
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet teriyaki marinade (McCormick Grill Mates)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 8 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- In small bowl, combine teriyaki mix, paprika and pepper.
- Coat the pork the with rub mixture, patting until all rub is used. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce and pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Put the chopped onions and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Place the pork on top of the carrots and onions and pour half of the pineapple juice mixture over pork.
- Reserve remainder for Hawaiian sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. The meat should fall apart easily.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker to a cutting board. Using 2 forks carefully pull the meat into shreds.
- Serve the pork on rolls drizzled with the Hawaiian sauce or on the side for dipping.
- Hawaiian Sauce:.
- In a medium pot heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining pineapple juice mixture, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
hey what are beatiful dish im loving it!!!!